Many thanks to Tamara Essex for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. What a lovely thing to do! In case you haven’t seen hers, and she has two, they’re always worth reading and are practical and informative – in the case of her consultancy blog – and touching, funny, and thought provoking – in the case of her Spanish blog: http://tamaraessexspanishblog.wordpress.com/
So the rules are that I have to write 7 things about me. Here goes.
1) I was the first Fairy Liquid baby. Yup, the kid in the cot on the black and white TV advert in the late 1950s….
2) Since then, I’ve done lots of different jobs, including singing in bars and modelling for life drawing classes (great for meditation)
3) I’m terrible with money. In that respect, I am not my mother’s daughter
4) It took me a good couple of years to write Charity Begins with Murder, but I wrote Poisoned Pens incredibly quickly.
5) Noise that I can’t control, like people playing very loud music that I can’t shut out, turns me into a mad woman. I could be on the ASD spectrum
6) I love to travel and find new people and places. Great to travel with my lovely partner, also love adventuring on my own.
7) Favourite authors are Rohinton Mistry, Jackie Kay, Vikram Seth, Sara Paretsky…pretty broad tastes, in fact!
So now it’s my turn to nominate a blog. I’m going to nominate Henry Stewart, of Happy Computers, because his thinking is changing how organisations think and run themselves. His philosophy sounds simple, but is in fact profound. And it’s not coincidental that professors at the Cass Business School give his Happy Manifesto to their students! He’s generous, visionary, and inspirational, and so I’m doing my bit to spread the word: